This is the very first episode where I host two guests, Jeannie and JJ, to share their perspectives. Jeannie is the mother of Erin Baringer and her son Dean died from an overdose. You might remember Erin from our previous episode, The Soldier’s Story. Jeannie’s also in recovery herself. In this episode she shares what it was like to see addiction from two different perspectives, that of an addict and that of a mother. Jeannie was actually in treatment when she found out her son Dean had passed. JJ, also a recovering addict, had been in treatment with her at the time.
What We Discuss with Jeannie and JJ:
- JJ shares her story, being adopted, growing up in Boston and how lacking a sense of belonging contributed to her turning to drugs.
- Both women share their experiences in drug education, what it was like in school, and how the education looked from two different generations.
- Jeannie shares, what she believes, would be a more successful drug education plan for today’s youth.
- Jeannie talks about the passing of her son Dean from a heroin overdose, the loss occurred while she was in treatment dealing with her own demons.
- Both women touch on how their thoughts have progressed.
This is an excellent episode that touches on a wide range of viewpoints. We’re able to gain perspectives from differing generations and hear what it’s like seeing drug use first and second hand. Please send our message along to anyone who might be able to find benefit. If you enjoy the show we’d greatly appreciate if you share the episode on social media as it really helps to build our following. Also can join our discussion on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at ODMovement. Check out our recent post on Eminem available here!